|Day view is crucial part of Rachota where you spend the most of your time because this is where you plan your work, switch between individual tasks and watch progress of your work. Below you will find a list of all usecases and you can also take a look at best practice section.|
1. Select dayUse or buttons to change day whose plan is currently displayed in the table. This is necessary when you want to plan some tasks for the upcoming days. If you want to get back to current day, simply click the date textfield. Use and buttons to move by weeks or and buttons to move by months.
2. Create new taskIn order to create new task in your plan for selected day, push Add ... button. Task settings dialog opens where you can specify properties of the new task.
3. Edit taskIf you need to change some properties of any task, select it in the table and press Edit ... button. Task settings dialog opens where you can adjust properties of the existing task. Please note that editing is only possible for today's or future tasks. For old tasks the button changes to View ....
4. Remove taskIf you need to remove any task, select it in the table and press Remove button. You will be asked to confirm your decision and if you agree the task gets deleted from the plan. Please note that this button is disabled for idle time task or past days.
5. Select taskIf you want to start working on certain task, select it in the table and press Select button. If you have enabled priority checking and the task does not have the highest priority in your plan, you will be asked to confirm your decision. Please note that this button is disabled for current task, idle time task or past days.
6. Start to workIf you want to work on currently selected task, simply press Work button. Rachota starts to measure time spent on the task immediately. Please note that this button is disabled if no task is selected or you are currently working on some task.
7. Have a breakIf you need a temporary break that should not be included in current task, press Relax button. Rachota stops measuring the task time and tracks idle time immediately. Please note that this button is disabled if you are not working on any task.
8. Finish taskIf you are done with current task, press Done button. Rachota stops measuring time, marks the current task as finished and starts to track idle time automatically. As a result it disappears from the table (unless you want finished tasks to be displayed). Please note that this button is disabled if no task is selected.
9. Copy or move taskIf you want to copy any task to some future day including today, select the task in the table and invoke Task | Copy task from main menu. You will be asked to select target day and once you push OK button such task gets copied or moved to appropriate day.
10. Move time between tasksIf you forget to switch between tasks, there is a way to correct it. Select the source task in the table and invoke Task | Move time from main menu. Rachota checks several criterias and if everything is fine, special dialog opens allowing you to select task you want to transfer time to. Choose the task which you forgot to switch to and using fields specify how much time you spent incorrectly on current task. Finally push OK button. Rachota will substract given amount of time from the source task and add it to the target one.
Hint: Click Show finished tasks checkbox to have already finished tasks displayed in the table.